Saturday, December 29, 2007

#8: Our first test...

When taking a test, I usually know before hand what results I can expect. If I study and know the information well, I will probably be pleased. And if I don't, well you know.

This time it was different. I took the test and waited.... I began to notice something forming in the space where I was supposed to be watching for the result. Was it a line? Hmmm... I turned around and closed my eyes. This was no time to allow my mind and eyes to play tricks on me. I waited for the timer to go off - the full three minutes. There was no room in my heart for error, especially if the line were to appear, changing my life forever. The timer beeped, I turned around and it was there. This beautiful light pink line. My breath caught in my throat and my eyes filled with tears. I heard the door, someone was coming in and I couldn't say a thing. I would wait patiently until I had the chance to talk to my sweet husband. My heart beat even faster at the thought of telling him. Everything in me was anticipating his response in the moment that I would tell him that he is a father and that our precious baby was growing inside of me. So I carefully folded the test in a paper towel and put it in my purse. I took it out about every 15 minutes or so (when no one was looking) and new tears would come. I had to wait more than six hours before I had the opportunity to tell my love. He stopped whatever it was that he was doing and came to me. Those tears had found their way to his eyes as well. And on his face was a smile that I will never forget. It looked similar to the one he wore on our wedding day, but it was different, maybe heavier (if that is possible). He held me and we talked to our Father.

That was the day and our little story. That was just before Thanksgiving. I am a little over eight weeks pregnant now. It almost feels like it should be more since we found out so early (approximately nine days after conception). I feel nauseous every day for most of the day now but have only spent one day vomiting. Each day brings something new and we are learning and hopefully growing. God is so good. This year I have been given so many gifts.

Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

At December 29, 2007 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Leslie said...

Beautiful. You made me cry all over again. Yes, God is so good.

 
At December 29, 2007 at 9:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh carlee!!! how truly wonderful!!! You are truly blessed. I WILL come see you and that baby! i love you. ~Melissa

 
At December 29, 2007 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Lee Owens said...

Congratulations, Carlee and Wilmar! How wonderful!!!!

 
At December 30, 2007 at 1:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I am so happy for you Carlee. You must be overwhelmed with joy. Our Father has blessed you so deeply this year. Thank you for sharing your story. My heart is swollen with anticipation! I hope to meet your Carlita one day.

Love, Lindsay

 
At December 31, 2007 at 8:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

-erin inman

 
At January 1, 2008 at 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippeeee!! :D Remember when Erik and I came to visit you and Kirsty in your apartment in K. Falls and I felt a tad embarrassed because that is where we conceived David? LOL. I am so happy for you both. Congratulations.

 
At January 1, 2008 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Carlee said...

Ha ha. I remember, Tonia

 
At January 1, 2008 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Carlee said...

Leslie, Melissa, Lee, Lindsay and Erin Inman -

Thank you for your words and your tears and your letters (Erin Inman). I am glad that you stopped by to share in our joy.

Melissa, I hope that you are able to come! That would be wonderful.

 
At January 1, 2008 at 6:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! I wish I could be there to share it all with you. I miss you so much.
Love, Kirsty

 
At January 3, 2008 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Carlee said...

I miss you too, my anonymous sis.

 
At January 3, 2008 at 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carlee, you can count on it. Remember, you helped me birth my precious Anna? We arrive in the US in June, for a year. I will get there to see your precious child. I love you.~Melissa

 
At January 8, 2008 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Carlee said...

Melissa!

Of course, I remember that day very well. I saw a picture of her recently. She is such a big girl.

I hope that we get to play games when you guys come. I miss you guys.

 
At January 8, 2008 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Alexillopillo said...

Congratulations to you both! A child is a blessing beyond anyone's imagination. Wilmar is a great man, and he talks wonders about you. I can't imagine his face when he learned he was gonna be a dad.

 
At January 13, 2008 at 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Congratulations! I am full of joy for you, Carlee and Wilmar. Our God is surely generous with us; I am glad.

amberkever

 
At January 14, 2008 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Carlee said...

Alexillopillo - His face was really cute. Thank you for you kind words.

Amber -

Thank you so much. It is hard to believe all of these good things. And, to top it off, I haven't felt sick most of the day today and all day yesterday.

 
At January 22, 2008 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Carlee: i feel so happy for you and wilmar of course ......congratulations and God bless you

 
At February 4, 2008 at 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations, Carlee and Wilmar! Carlee, you will be (are!) such a great mom. Love you!
Kim

 
At February 13, 2008 at 3:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI!!!
QUERIDO PRIMO, COMO PUEDE SER POSIBLE QUE YO NO SABIA QUE VAS A SER PAPA, QUE EMOCION!!!
MUCHISIMAS FELICITACIONES, TU ESPOSA ESTA LINDISIMA Y HACEN UNA PRECIOSA PAREJA, MIL BENDICIONES PARA USTEDES Y NO DEJES DE ESCRIBIRME Y CONTARME TODOS LOS DETALLES. TE QUIERO UN MONTON!!! KAREN MEJIA

 
At February 23, 2008 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Carlee said...

Is that Kim who the van was named after? Thank you for your words. Sorry I am a little late at commenting back. I hope that you are doing well.

Thank you Millie and Karen!

I will have to write more one day and get you all up to date.

 
At February 25, 2008 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Carrie Kisling said...

It's been a while since I've visited your blog, so forgive me. Oh, this made me cry too! How wonderful and exciting and magical! I'm SO happy for you guys!

 
At February 25, 2008 at 10:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's the van Kim...I completely forgot about that namesake until now. How are you doing?? I love it that you're pregnant. Being pregnant and having babies are some of the best things ever.

Kim

 
At February 27, 2008 at 9:19 AM , Blogger @driPod said...

Carlee

Carlee

Carlee?


espero ya te haya pasado las nauseas para este mes ya debes tener barriguita jejejejeje

un basito.

 
At February 27, 2008 at 9:19 AM , Blogger @driPod said...

un besito

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home