Tuesday, March 18, 2008

#11: Our first blog

this one, was started to share pieces of our written lives with all of you. One of the toughest decisions when starting a blog is... well, "How to name it?"

I'd already blogged for over two years, and videoblogged just as long (insert commercial space here) and.. blah, blah, blah... needless to say, I love blogs! But this new space, was to be Carlee and I's first blog together. I knew quite a few people wanted to read it mostly so they'd get to know more about this sudden stranger who even sudden-er became this gorgeous girl's fiancée. So Carlee and I agreed on a rule for my posts: strictly PG-13 with mild thematic elements, but absolutely no language or graphic anything. In other words, a sort-a censored blog. Anyway, by writing in English it was already censored... it's so much easier to express truth and emotions in one's mother language.

Anyway, so on to the difficult choice of picking a name for our blog... I mean, a web address, that one, the one in the browser, that must not change; different than the blog current title, which may change occasionally.

After some consideration, I proposed a musical reference to a country song by one of my top five favorite artists of all time: George Strait. The title of the song spoke to me about a wide open space above us that inspires life and feeds dreams of a heaven beyond the visible vastness; the specific adjectives reminded me of my bride's beautiful face... and her blue clear eyes. And the lyrics of the song... simply spoke a truth about us, coming together, then the choice was clear... we'd name our blog Blue Clear Sky.

Now, for all of you out there?

How did you pick the name of your blog?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At March 18, 2008 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Carlee said...

I really love you. You made the whole naming process seem so democratic. I don't really remember all of that voting that we did.

 
At March 22, 2008 at 5:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused. Where does the name blue clear sky appear in your blog? I can't find it in the address.

I chose Whatever for my blog because that is kind of what my thoughts are like. Most of my thoughts and questions end with, "oh, whatever!"

By the way, why won't you make public comments, my funny brother-in-law? and how are you and my sister and that beautiful baby doing?

Kirsty

 
At March 23, 2008 at 1:29 AM , Blogger WM said...

Kirsty!! I'm so glad you're the first after the beautiful sis' of yours to commetn here.. hopefully, the author of "nobody knows" will comment so it'll be a family thang.

And thanks for pointing out my silliness... actually the address is what you see up there, c-kay and soy.. and Blue Clear Sky was, yes, WAS the original name of the blog.. silly me.
And about my comment, it was s silly self-inflicted policy of mine, similar to the one of "I will not request anyone as a friend on facebook, although I will add whoever invites me first".

Silly policies, both gone now. Having a baby makes children like me try to grow up. Thanks for visiting! and oh, yeah.. whatever...

 
At April 13, 2008 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Rocky said...

Man am I late, but as I have told you Soy, most of my thoughts have been too depressing to share. I chose the name of my blog cause that's what I believe, we all spout off a lot of stuff but really in the end Nobody Knows

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home